This January at Vega (where I work, rocking alongside the Public Relations and Social Media team) we launched the Best Life Project, an online community building initiative built around daily social challenges that help to inspire growth in all areas of our lives. Already the initiative has seen enormous participation from across Instagram, and it’s sure to keep building as the months progress. This aspect of creating community built not solely around a company’s products, but rather their lifestyle is something that is increasing across the web. Companies like Hershel bags have taken a similar approach through their #WellTravelled initiative, and seen their social presence explode. Creating a genuine hub for lifestyle awareness and not blatant advertising drives genuine engagement, while also reenforcing the principles on which a brand is created.
For the #BestLifeProject, 5 challenges are shared early in the week, encouraging followers to fulfill and share the beauty of their lives through images. Challenges are pulled from 5 areas, that are all sure to help us live our best lives:
So many of us are already striving to eat well: to create a balanced diet that allows us to increase health, maximize our energy, but also get to enjoy the sweet and delicious things in life too. Why not take a picture and share it already. Here’s some inspiration for healthy recipes and food photography here >> Edibles, Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes
Take a class, get out doors. Get sweating.
Reach out to someone. Show compassion. Share your time.
Take a moment for yourself. Reflect on your life, or just simply chill out.
Tick something off your bucket list. Do something that scares you.
So, how do you get involved?
- Participate in the challenges!
- Get into it and Start tagging your Instagram Pics (New or OLD) showing how you are living your best life with #BestLifeProject. Help to create a community of inspiration with people like you who are living life to the fullest! Remember, Instagram lets you edit your old photo descriptions now (YAY!), so it’s easy to add to the description or just put the hashtag in the comments.
- Introduce the initiative to your friends and followers on social media (make sure to use the hashtag – #BestLifeProject)
- Sample Tweets (copy away):
- Straight up, start living your Best Life! The world wants to see, and the world needs inspiration, so why not be a leader!
Trevor Ellestad is a writer, an herbalist, and an ex-yoga teacher who spends his days creating plant-based magic at Vega. Trevor keeps a tidy home with his partner and their as of yet un-named spider monkey of a kitty cat in Vancouver, BC. At night, Trevor likes to surround himself with plants and obsess over the seemingly simple lives of cats and robots.